Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

We are now on Facebook

We are now on Facebook with Running for Pearl, we are hoping that it will bring even more exposure to this great cause. Click here for the link. With just over 8 weeks until the 100km we need all the support we can get. Please spread the word via the web to everyone you know, we are still looking for major sponsor (or lots of little ones) for the race, so if you know any one who would be interested in some great exposure please get in touch. We have our t-shirt printed and my training continues to improve week on week. I ran a steady 29km's at 5 am Sunday morning, pounding along the forest trail with just my headlamp and the singing birds for company, sublime.



My Mum and sister are also running a 10k race in Dublin on June 7th in support of Pearl. I am so proud of them both. Alicia is rallying support from all over too but we need your help folks, lets make it happen for Pearl and all the other Autistic kids that touch each of our lives in some way.



I was lucky enough last weekend to come into contact with Irish Ultra running legend Tony Mangan. Tony is the world 48 hour treadmill record holder with a distance of 405.22 km, thats over 200 km a day. He also won the Across The Years 72 hour race in 2007 covering a total of 440 km, this is not a stage race either its a non-stop event around a 500 metre track. Not forgetting to mention the world indoor record in the Czech Republic in 2007, 426km is a world record for a 48 hour track race, no one has ever run over 200 km on two consecutive days. Tony has been giving me words of advice and encouragement ahead of the 100k (which would be a breeze to him) and it's a major boost to have such a great man guiding me. For Tony's site click here. Tony also tells me that a 1000 mile race has been launched in Greece today. There are no limits!

See you round the bend.
Mally


Pearl Language (answers on a postcard please)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and feedback so take it away......

Running for Pearl

This blog is dedicated to my daughter Pearl who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in August 2009. My goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing what I love....Running.