Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The minimalist approach.

I have been struck lately by how fatigued I feel, although I have also been encouraged by reading the blogs of other ultra runners Geoff Roes and Tony Krupicka who it appears are encountering a lull in form. Not that I would take joy in anyone else feeling less than their best but, these guys are the creme de la creme and reading their candid and insightful accounts of training and racing proves that by also feeling lethargic it is proof that it's a 'this-time-of-year-type-thing'.



I have chosen this video because it resonates within all of us (I hope), the need for a less cluttered and more organic way of living. A herd of goats on a mountain side would be the life for me but that is not possible, a balance needs to be maintained and running the trails is the best way I can exact that sort of communion. I hope my body can accept the hardship of 24hrs of racing in ten days time, my mind is in combative fettle. I believe that next week will see the swan song of my colds, aches and tiredness and a more prosperous physical shift will emerge.

In the mean time I just finished "Born to Run". A phenomenal book not just for runners but for adventurers at heart. Beautifully told by Christopher McDougall and I would read it again in a heartbeat. Pick up a copy if you can.

See you guys round the bend,

Mally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and feedback so take it away......

Running for Pearl

This blog is dedicated to my daughter Pearl who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in August 2009. My goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing what I love....Running.