Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time To Evolve Ideas

Ever have one of those days where you ask yourself what it all means? I know I have more than my fair share of them and recently it seems every time I turn on my computer, TV or pick up a newspaper its utter doom staring right back at me. Earthquakes, storms, riots, children being murdered (by a parent, in some of the recent cases I have come across) and so on. I know there is no human control over the elements but a little more care on mother earth might make her a little less pissed off. Have we gotten to the desensitised stage where violence and evil are now just par for the course of life. It's really quite shocking and makes my brain numb with fear and disbelief. Why are questions not being asked enough? Why is it accepted that this is now our path. I want to know why, why, why on so many levels. Evolution is never over, our ideals and ideas now need to evolve even more so. It's like Adam and Eve in the garden, the perfect world. But hey, its just not enough, lets just take a bite out of that apple and see what happens.


I recently found this documentary trailer and looking forward immensely to its release. Hollywood star comedy director Tom Shadyac survives a bicycle crash and rethinks his life. He embarks on a mission to find answers to life. I was hooked the minute I saw my two favourite thinkers Noam Chomsky and the late, great Howard Zinn participating along with a host of other influential figures, all being asked two questions by Sahdyac~ "What’s wrong with our world, and what can we do about it?" It may not change the world but it's a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and feedback so take it away......

Running for Pearl

This blog is dedicated to my daughter Pearl who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in August 2009. My goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing what I love....Running.