Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Semi Marathon de Paris 2011

This morning I took the kids to see the finish of the semi marathon de Paris. It was a clear, crisp day and a huge crowd turned out to run and to lend support. In the men's division Stephen Kibet was the winner in a close finish that resulted in a one, two, three for Kenya. In the women's it was right down to the line with Peninah Aruesi of Kenya edging out fellow compatriot Philes Ongoria. All results and info can be found HERE. Below is some shaky footage, one eye was on the kids and the other on the race :)



The highlight of the day for me was the possibility of meeting some friends and I managed to catch up with my American friend Tim who smoked it in 1:21:07. Fast dude for sure. Unfortunately I did not get to met my other friend Rene due to the huge crowds. Next time for sure.

(catching up with Tim after the race, Dylan is just chillin')

Well done to all who finished.

Mally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and feedback so take it away......

Running for Pearl

This blog is dedicated to my daughter Pearl who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in August 2009. My goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing what I love....Running.