Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Change of plan

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." -- George Sheehan

Good evening one and all. There has been a change of plan regarding my planned 100km run next September, I'm afraid I will not be able to do it. Its terrible I know, so... I will be running 100km in May instead. Yeeeeeeeehaaaawwwww.

I have been inspired to do this because of the sense of urgency that that has been instilled in me by the support of my friends and loved ones. My spirit is soaring and my legs have just 7 months to catch up. Its in the Vendee region, below Nantes, on the French west coast. The race itself is a circuit of 25kms x 4 laps, which will be nice for my family as they will be able to view my spectacular deterioration over and over and over and over. Once I have posted this there is no going back. Somebody check my brain please?

See you round the bend.

Mally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments and feedback so take it away......

Running for Pearl

This blog is dedicated to my daughter Pearl who was diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) in August 2009. My goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing what I love....Running.